Monday, June 1, 2015

June Goals




In case you missed it, it's June already. I know, it's crazy. We're at the mid-way point of this year already!

May was a great month for us. We got to enjoy our first family vacation in Turks & Caicos at the beginning of the month, and we just got back from a week at the beach with Matt's family in Florida. I'll be back tomorrow to share pictures from our trip, but today, I'm sharing my goals for June.

First, here's a look at how I did with my


1.
Plan Ryan's 1st Birthday
I have his party all planned out in my head and on a note in my phone. ;) The date, time, theme, location, and food items are all set. Now I just need to order the invitations which I plan to do this month. I still can't believe we have an almost one year old!

2.
I loved this book. It was one of those reads where I felt like I knew the characters and were still thinking about them even after I had finished the book and read through another one. I wrote a full review on it here. I highly recommend adding this to your summer reading list! You can check it out here. I also read The Husband's Secret by the same author and enjoyed it as well, but if I had to pick one as a favorite, I'd pick What Alice Forgot.

3.
Make a plan for future house updates
We have a project going on this week that I am super excited about and have made plans to do some landscaping work in September when the temperatures are better for moving plants. After these two projects, I think we'll be finished with all of the renovations on this house!

4.
Shop for summer clothes
Well I halfway completed this goal. I told you I don't love shopping. I found a few tops at the J. Crew extra 50% off of sale, sale but I really need to get some more things for summer. I think I'll keep this goal on here for this month and see if I can't devote a little more time to finding what I need.

5.
Enjoy vacation without over-photographing the memories
I'm really glad I made this goal this month. I was much for conscious of taking pictures (or not taking them) than I usually am, and I feel like I was able to soak in the moments even more. I didn't do quite as well on our last family vacation as I did on our little family one that we took at the beginning of the month, but Matt's sister and I were taking pictures for each other and capturing moments of our kiddos together, so I had some moments of over-photographing for sure. But overall, I feel like setting this goal this month has made me think more about sitting back and enjoying the moments without trying to capture them in a picture all the time.


Now, here are my 


1.
Order Ryan's Party Invitations
I think I'd like his first birthday party invitation to have a picture of his on it, so this month I'm going to try to find an invitation I like that matches the theme and allows me to include a picture. I'm thinking Etsy or Shutterfly might be good places to look, but if any of y'all have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear what they are!

2.
Shop for summer clothes
I have a few staples that I need to try to stock up on as well as some new tops. I'd really like to make an effort to head up to the outlets at some point this month. I like shopping the sales and stocking up on whatever I need with one big trip rather than getting items a little at a time. As I said, I'm not a huge fan of shopping, so one big trip to get it all done is more my style. Basically I shop like a boy.

3.
Read Paper Towns
I loved The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska by John Green and also love reading books that are being made into movies, so this month, I want to read his newest book that is being made into a movie- Paper Towns. It looks like a light, quick read which is what I'm in the mood for this month.

4.
Sell items on eBay and Craigslist
In my Spring cleaning, I found some items that we're no longer using that I want to sell, so I want to take care of that this month.

5.
Update Pictures in Frames
Now that I have my picture table in place, I want to make sure I keep the pictures updated. This month, I want to print some pictures from our two trips and switch out some of the frames. And yes, if I don't make this a goal, I won't do it. I'm terrible at printing pictures and updating frames!


That's it for this month!

I'll be back tomorrow to share pictures from our trip.

Hope you guys have a great week!

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

2 comments:

  1. I was not a fan of Paper Towns, although I have liked some of his other books. It just seemed a little too outlandish to me. Hope you like it though, I am curious about the movie. And I am also terrible about switching pictures out of frames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what Ryan's party theme is!

    ReplyDelete