Monday, December 1, 2014

BBQ Apple Bacon Chicken


This meal is SO so good! My sister made it for us a few weeks back and shared what she did with me so that I could share it with y'all. Now she didn't measure anything when she made it, but I made a point of writing down what I did based off of what she shared with me. I say that to say you can tweak this to suite your own tastes (more or less apples, pineapples, brown sugar, etc). I guarantee you will love it though!


Ingredients:
2 cups BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 chicken breasts cut into thirds (I cut them short ways, not like tenderloins)
Maple bacon, 9 strips
1 can pineapple, drained (I used a 20oz can)
1 large apple chunked into bite-size pieces (I left the skin on)

Directions:
Mix together first three ingredients and pour 1/2 cup of the mixed sauce into a ziplock bag with chunked chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

Preheat oven to 375. Pour the contents of the ziplock bag into a 9x13 baking dish. Individually wrap each piece of chicken with a bacon strip so that basically the entire piece is covered. Add canned pineapple and apple chunks on top. Bake for 25 minutes uncovered. Add remaining sauce, cover with foil, and bake for another 25 minutes.

facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment