Friday, October 3, 2014

Yummy Taco Soup Recipe


Yay for Fall and what I like to call Soup Season. I've posted a recipe for Taco Soup before, but I've tweaked it since then and like this one even better!


Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey*
3 cans of your favorite beans, drained and rinsed (I use cannelloni, dark kidney, and spicy chili)
3 cans of your favorite tomatoes (I use mild rotel, stewed, and Hunt's diced with sweet onions) 
1 Can Yellow Corn, undrained
1 Can White corn, undrained
1 Large Sweet Onion, cut Julienne style
2 garlic cloves
2T Olive Oil
1 Package Dry Taco Seasoning
1 Package Dry Ranch Dressing Mix 
1-2 cups chicken stock (depending on how "soupy" you like it)

*You can also use 1lb of frozen chicken (tenderloins or breasts). Lay them on the bottom of the crock pot and add all other ingredients on top. Before serving, tear chicken apart and mix well in the soup.

Directions:
Brown meat. Drain, rinse and return to pan. Add taco seasoning with 1/3 cup hot water. Mix until meat is completely coated with seasoning. Add to crock pot. Saute onion in olive oil for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. After onion is clear, add garlic and saute for 2-3 more minutes. Add to crock pot. Pour all other ingredients on top and stir. Simmer on low for 6 or more hours. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

P.S. My new favorite tortilla chips are these:

And in my book, if you're going to serve tortilla chips, you might as well serve cheese dip too. So my favorite cheese dip is this kind:
To see what I do with the leftovers, click here. Mmmm, I love this stuff!



facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

No comments:

Post a Comment