Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Decor and Candles

I'm not really one who decorates for any season besides Christmas. And I am definitely not one to make seasonal decor like all of the many super cute fireplace banner things I've seen on Pinterest lately.

However, over the years, I've received a few gifts from my classroom kids that give our home the perfect amount (in my opinion ;) ) of Fall flair, without requiring any creativity from me.

Our Fall decorations fit in a boot box and take 34.5 seconds to set out.


Starting from top left:

Jack-o-lantern candle holder from Better Homes and Gardens
Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin 3-Wick Candle from Bath and Body Works for the kitchen
Handmade hand towel from one of my kids
Adorable stuffed Turkey from my friend, Caitlyn
Mini ceramic pumpkin that could serve as a candy dish or candle holder
Ghost "lantern" candle holder
Pumpkin Spice Candle for the laundry room

I also buy a pumpkin (I'm not a Halloween Scrooge!), some Fall flowers, and a put a wreath that I found at Homegoods on the front door.

Look familiar? ...I shared these pictures in the front yard makeover post.


And in case you couldn't tell, my favorite part about Fall decorations is having Fall-scented candles lit around the house! 

Two places you need to shop for candles if you don't already:

1. Bath and Body works. 
My absolute favorite right now is the Pumpkin Caramel Latte scent. 

I have this one in our laundry room and the mini ones in the candle holders in the living room. They smell SO good!

2. Walmart
Yes, Walmart! My sister told me about this little secret. They are SO cheap and smell great! The 3-wick jar candles are under $5. Works for me. :)



facebooktwitterpinterestbloglovininstagramfeed

5 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of your fall décor. Just enough of it to make it still look festive. I love a good candle scent. My favorite brand has always been Yankee candles, but lately, I'm all about the Scentsy burners. I love walking into a home where it smells so yummy and inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with Bath and Body Works right now. I have to physically restraing myself from going in there because I end up buying another pumpkin scented candle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the small touchs of fall decor! For some reason, I'm not a big candle person. I have to finds with a not strong of a scent and then maybe I'll get it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your decor, simple is always better! We don't really decorate for anything other than Christmas although I was thinking I should change the picture in my entrance hall as it is summer butterflies! Maybe some Autumn decor will happen here this week :)

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey you!! i've been thinking about you and hoping that october has been treating you well! i love all your autumn decor!! it's so much fun to decorate...especially in the fall and winter! ahhh, those candles make me hungry! :)
    i have so many fall candles...sometimes i light way too many at once and the scent in the house is a little crazy. hahaha!
    i hope you're having a relaxing night. <3<3<3
    maria

    ReplyDelete