Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Dining Room Decor!

Last week, Matt's family took us out for a birthday dinner at one of my favorite spots, Maggiano's.  Before going to the restaurant, Matt's mom came by with an extra surprise- new dining room curtains! Or, as the fancy people like to say, window treatments


BEFORE
These were our old curtains, and they were great! We had them in the living room of our apartment, where we had more red accents. But in the house, they just kind of bugged me. The grayish blue walls from our bedroom with the beige brown from the kitchen didn't really complement the red. 

So I started looking and found exactly what I wanted at my sweet sis-in-laws house! haha...  she also purchased a set of the same curtains that we have in our house, so we planned to now have two sets of matching curtains. :) Unfortunately, the store where she bought them from no longer sold them. :/ HOWEVER, my equally sweet M-in-law knew I loved them, found out the store DID sell the fabric, bought the fabric, and MADE them for me!!! Yes! Seriously! What a super sweet treat!

She took the rings off of the red curtains (they were add-ons) and sewed them onto the new ones. I just took pictures because I don't sew.  haha. . . I wish that didn't sound so bratty but what can you do- it happens to be true. While taking pictures, I provided the cheese, crackers, and wine. . . an appetizer-must to an Italian din. :)





Ta-dah!!  Thank you M!!!

8 comments:

  1. Love them!!! (obviously) great minds think alike! :) M did a fantastic job, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! What time should I be there for dinner?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! They look perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful curtains! They look great. I love your blog. I found it through Friendly Friday. I'm now a new follower. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really like the new curtains. Happy Friendly Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you know? I was going to just follow for Friendly Friday. I was going to ask you to visit me and follow back (I do think you'll find it useful). I was going to follow more people in the link up list, lot more, but I got stuck here. Entranced in love and beauty. This blog is very inspirational and hit home with me in ways you could never imagine. Please keep up the good work. I will be visiting you often to make sure you are. PS, I'm adding your banner to my blog sidebar. It's special :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great!! That was nice of your mom-in-law. =)

    ReplyDelete