Monday, October 10, 2011

Kreativ Blogger Award

Thanks to Michelle from Musings of a Bored Housewife who has awarded us with the Kreativ Blogger Award! We really appreciate it! This award is somewhat similar to the Versatile Blogger Award, in that you are supposed to share 7 facts about yourself. So, since I recently shared 7 seven facts when we received that award, I decided to change it up a little bit and write down the first 7 facts that popped into my head in less than 2 minutes. HA! The details took a little longer, but the seven facts came surprisingly fast. Now, I created this list right after my 9/11 post, so some of the facts are inspired by memories related to NY. Hope you enjoy!


  1. When I was little, I wanted to be Annie on Broadway. . . or Belle from Beauty and the Beast, or a Rockette, or Kim from Miss Saigon (quite possibly my favorite play). I performed songs from these plays around the house constantly.
  2. Thanks to my Aunt Barb and Uncle Jay, I got to eat at Windows on the World for my 16th birthday. The restaurant was on the 107th floor of the North Tower of the World Trade Center. My Aunt and Uncle flew me up to visit them for my birthday and had a limo take us to the restaurant. It was one of the most amazing experiences and unlike anything I had ever done before. Oddly enough, I remember so clearly how the menu didn't have prices, and I was worried about ordering something too expensive and not realizing it.  The Towers fell less than a year later, and my Aunt and Uncle both passed away almost 3 years ago now, so this memory is extra close to my heart.
  3. I want to go on a mission trip to Africa with Matt and work in the orphanages there.
  4. I hope to relearn Italian.
  5. My dream vacation is a Mediterranean Cruise.
  6. I couldn't say my r's until around age 7 and have been know to pronounce my own name as "HeathOR" when I'm really tired.
  7. I was a sports marketing major before deciding to become a teacher. I had a dream to work on the college team contracts and professional athlete contracts, traveling the world of course to do so. :)  . . . Now I'm in a classroom and get to make time to be a good wife and hopefully mother one day- so I'd say I'm definitely happy with my decision to not travel the world ;) . . . Although traveling the world for vacation is still a definite dream! (see fact #5).
And now, for the 7 blogs that I would like to pass this award along to:

Rules for receiving the award: Thank the person who gave it to you, share 7 facts about yourself, pass the award along to 7 other people.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you so much! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've already made my post. Check it out when you are able. :)

    2. That is so interesting. I'm glad you got that opportunity.

    3. Me too!

    Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! You're so sweet! I'll have to put a post together soon. I'll let you know when I do. Have a great week, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award- you deserve it!! I found your blog while I was out blog hopping. I am glad I did-thank you for posting "This Week's Steals and Deals!" Great stuff! I hope you will swing by and check out some of the savings I have posted on my blog!

    ReplyDelete